Old October 13th 03, 11:23 PM
Serge Stroobandt, ON4BAA

That is absolutely correct, Cecil.

I am currently designing a 70cm colinear with two 5/8 elements, fed in the
middle over a stub with balun
and made entirely out of standard (in Europe) 12mm diameter copper tubing.

AO (Antenna Optimizer) predicts a gain of 3.3dBi in free space.
Due to the stub the pattern is not entirely uniform and therefore in one
direction I would have a bit more gain upto 5dBi according to AO.

In the coming weeks (sorry, but I have a demanding job and a HF antenna
project that takes presidence) I will model the antenna also in EZNEC
to double-check its matching to 50ohm and than build it.

Of course I will share the results and final measure in this newsgroup.

I had asked for the QST design in this group, simply to see if I could
improve on my design but it does not seem so.

Thanks guys for your help and Cecil, intersting stuff on your website!

73 de Serge ON4BAA / HB9DWU
http://salsawaves.com/propagation/

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Crazy George wrote:
I agree. Which is why I mentioned it. You should discuss it with the
author of the article. I was just trying to do a favor for someone

"over
there".

EZNEC sez that two vertical dipoles stacked end to end have a gain of
about 3dBi with their sources in phase at their centers. I'm sure you
have seen the UHF folded dipole vertical stacked arrays.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp