Old August 21st 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
K4YZ K4YZ is offline

Default If Lennie Anderson Went One Day Without Disparging The Amateur Radio Service, Would Andy Rooney's Eyebrows Fall Out? Subtitled: The Feeble Five Backslap Each Other

LenCan'tPassThe wrote:
From:
on Sun, Aug 20 2006 2:57 pm

Most issues of QST have a minimum of at least one walk down memory
lane, usually with a key or keyer in one hand.

ARRL views itself as "representative" of the ARS. Unfortunately,
the 'ARS' stands for Amateur Radiotelegraphy Society.

At the Anderscum residence, perhaps.

For the nearly 700,000 of us with licenses, it's the Amateur Radio
Service.

Note: Leonard H. Anderson is not an FCC licensee in that service.

I think everyone has some of that to one degree or another. It's
unhealthy to allow that fear to paralyze you.

Yes and no. When it comes to Status-Rank-Privilege the fear
of LOSS of those seems to take on a life of its own.

You would know, Lennie...

It's YOU that perceives that loss...For by taking the same test
mere mortals do, you "surrender" your "I Was An Electronics Engineer"
brags.

Snip of usual Anti-Amateur Radio rhetoric.

Odd, saying what you mean and meaning what you say have become
dishonest.

Klein is just a teeny bit more civil than Major Dud. Robeson
just shouts "LIAR! LIAR!"

Who's "Major Dud"..?!?!

And I don't have to shout it, Lennie...

You make it quite apparent.

I regret to inform Mr Klein that I do not agree with him.

I also don't agree with him. Maybe he's gotten the message?

Maybe he doesn't see the need to try and "debate" those who only
want to throw sand...?!?!

If the league pushes the morse testing issue too hard, it will become
obvious to the 25% that are members.

I don't think so. The Amateur Radiotelegraphy Society is very
firmly SET in their ideas of keeping the "heritage" and
"tradition" of being a living museum of archaic radio. Those
firm believers and worshippers at the Church of St. Hiram are
disciples and they haven't had their last supper yet.

Thankfully OUR "last supper" will come long, LONG after yours,
Lennie...

Actuarial tables abound to deal with that kind of thinking.

That's a draconian sort of realism...but, unfortunately true.

And as I was saying...Let's hope YOUR tables are into small
numbers.

MORE SNIPPAGE

Don't know if you've heard yet, but the ARRL and robesin announced that
MARS and TSA have an agreement for armageddon communications.

Heh heh, I wouldn't doubt it...

"Armageddon"...?!?!

No one announced "armageddon" in any release that I am aware of.

Why did you?

Yet more evidence of why it's better to have Lennie "Can't Pass An
Exam" Anderson on the outside looking in.

Steve, K4YZ