Old August 21st 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Steve is offline

Default Voice of Africa

Steve wrote:
Currently hearing it in English on 17850 khz. Decent signal.

Steve

A brief audio clip for anyone who's interested:

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm...=248336011.wav

I believe their transmitter is in Issoudun, France. Not sure how much
power they transmit with, though. My sense is that their English
language broadcast has been beefed up significantly over the past
several months...perhaps because of the situation in the Middle East?
There've been periods when I could almost never catch them in English.
For the last couple of weeks, though, it's seemed much easier.

Steve