Old October 14th 03, 01:23 AM
Art Unwin KB9MZ

Cecil Moore wrote in message ...
Crazy George wrote:
I agree. Which is why I mentioned it. You should discuss it with the
author of the article. I was just trying to do a favor for someone "over
there".

EZNEC sez that two vertical dipoles stacked end to end have a gain of
about 3dBi with their sources in phase at their centers. I'm sure you
have seen the UHF folded dipole vertical stacked arrays.

Cecil
I used stacked vert dipoles and 12 watts for two meters
when my son was in hospital a 100 miles away and we used
a repeater nearby so he could use a H.T. I don.t remember
seeing a MOUNTAIN here in Central Illinois and other
antennas couldn't reach it

I do like the dipole overlay on the vertical pattern on your
page.Actualy I enjoyed the whole page
Makes you wonder why all people don't use horizontal
polarisation to get away from ground losses.
The pattern looks just like the one I generated for a dipole
over a beverage for the top band using AO Pro and just goes
to show that max radiation at a high angle in not always bad.
( That comment will attract a few people to your page! )
Regards
Art
Regards
Art