Old August 22nd 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm

From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006 2:57 pm
If the league pushes the morse testing issue too hard, it will become
obvious to the 25% that are members.

I don't think so. The Amateur Radiotelegraphy Society is very
firmly SET in their ideas of keeping the "heritage" and
"tradition" of being a living museum of archaic radio. Those
firm believers and worshippers at the Church of St. Hiram are
disciples and they haven't had their last supper yet.

I have no objection to them trying to prservs thier mode the ARS is big
enough even for unproductive thing

It's "minority rule" when ARRL lobbies for preservation of
morse code test for any amateur radio license class. The
ARRL membership is slightly less than a quarter of all US
amateur radio licensees.

Don't know if you've heard yet, but the ARRL and robesin announced that
MARS and TSA have an agreement for armageddon communications.

Heh heh, I wouldn't doubt it... :-)

[via "giant meteor bounce?" ... off the earth, that is? :-) ]

I thought Robesin had put on his (invisible) USMC uniform and
was busy pounding brass with the USCG offshore from Beirut to
evacuate US civilians? :-)

now that remark I must take you to task for

the last thing we want to sugest that robeson might wear is something
invisible now that image IS a sexauly distrubing one

Ahem...my reference was the old fairy tale, "The Emperor's New
Clothes." :-)

That's the one where a full-of-himself ruler ordered some new
clothes and the tailor buttered him up (while not sewing any
new clothes) so much that the Emperor bought into this pandering
to his ego and appeared in public with his "new clothes" (he was
naked). Needless to say, the public laughed and laughed at this
ridiculous spectacle. :-)

Robeson has been all full of himself in here about his alleged
"USMC service" yet he has presented zero-point-zero evidence
from anyone else (or any legitimate agency) that he ever
served on active USMC duty for any of his claimed "18 years."

Even though he NOW thinks of himself AS the amateur radio
service personified (anything against him is somehow against
ALL radio amateurs), he is still parodying the "Emperor."