Old August 21st 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jake Brodsky Jake Brodsky is offline

Default What Happened to Grundig?

Von Fourche wrote:
Every happened to Grundig shortwave radios? Did Grundig sell their
shortwave department to Eton? And who or what is Eton? Is Eton a Chinese
company?

I had a Grundig Yacht Boy 400 back in the mid 1990's and I loved that
little radio. Unfortunately I got mad one night and busted that radio. I
sure wish I had not done that. I'm thinking about buying another one off
e-bay, maybe.

Anyway, what's the story on Grundig and Eton?

The YB-400 was a Chinese creation with the Grundig name. It was a good
radio given what it cost. I still have mine and I often take it with me
when I travel.

That said, there were many who thought the quality control left
something to be desired. I have not had problems, but apparently others
did. I don't know what became of this "Grundig" name use arrangement.
I'm not surprised that it's no longer sold this way.

DE AB3A