Old August 22nd 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein Al Klein is offline

Default Duke University (Durham, NC, USA) trunked system change?

On 21 Aug 2006 17:37:55 -0700, wrote:

Until today, that is--this Monday morning, 8/21, the
Duke trunked traffic is still coming in--but the IDs
have changed. Instead of "496" and "1360" as talkgroup
IDs, I'm seeing 0001-7 and 0000-10 and numbers like
that. And I can no longer hear just the helicopter
group--I'm getting EVERYTHING, requests for clean
linen in this room, shuttle vans, etc.

Is this connected with the "rebanding" I keep hearing
about? Does anyone have an explanation of what has
changed that is simple enough for even me to understand?

It sounds more like you hitting the wrong button on your scanner.
You're seeing the talkgroups in a different format, and you're hearing
all talkgroups, not just the ones you programmed in. Not knowing
which scanner you have, there's no way to tell what to do to put it
back.