Old July 18th 03, 08:41 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

Call it a simple example. I would assume in a real system multiple pulses
are would be highly undesirable and eliminated by discharging the line at
the end of the first pulse. Maybe I should have said 100W pulse generator
with on output impedance of 0 or infinity, and a lousy dummy load. At a
lower power you could hook up a 'scope to the middle of the line and see the
multiple reflections.

Tam/WB2TT
"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:47:32 -0400, "Tarmo Tammaru"
wrote:
Consider a 100W pulse radar transmitter.

Hi Tarmo,

Was this a speculation or borne of actual experience? (I am not
talking about the obvious, exceptionally low power.)

I understand the significance of what you wrote following it,
.0027 W is reflected, etc, etc.

but in my experience with radars (megawatt models that I serviced,
calibrated and offered formal training in), this does not happen.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC