Old August 22nd 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S. John S. is offline

Default What Happened to Grundig?

Jake Brodsky wrote:
Von Fourche wrote:
Every happened to Grundig shortwave radios? Did Grundig sell their
shortwave department to Eton? And who or what is Eton? Is Eton a Chinese
company?

I had a Grundig Yacht Boy 400 back in the mid 1990's and I loved that
little radio. Unfortunately I got mad one night and busted that radio. I
sure wish I had not done that. I'm thinking about buying another one off
e-bay, maybe.

Anyway, what's the story on Grundig and Eton?

The YB-400 was a Chinese creation with the Grundig name.

What in the world is a Chinese creation. We should then refer to older
Sony radios as Japanese creations, Ford car radios as Chinese
creations, Volvo cars as multinational creations, etc. Consumer and
other products are produced by countries rather than companies?????

It was a good
radio given what it cost. I still have mine and I often take it with me
when I travel.

That said, there were many who thought the quality control left
something to be desired. I have not had problems, but apparently others
did. I don't know what became of this "Grundig" name use arrangement.
I'm not surprised that it's no longer sold this way.

DE AB3A