Old August 23rd 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Reg Edwards Reg Edwards is offline

Default Mismatched Zo Connectors

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:28:01 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:

and the reflections from a complimentary impedance discontinuity

What is a "complimentary impedance discontinuity", or even a
"complementary impedance discontinuity" if you meant that?

=======================================
Owen,
For the benifit of innocent bystanders, he means the same magnitude
discontinuity with the opposite sign. But you knew that of course,
didn't you?

On the other hand, I'm not sure *I* have described it correctly. It
can best be described in terms of the reflection coefficient.

There are two reflections, of opposite signs, which do not occur at
exactly the same instant in TIME.

Whatever it is, Cecil is (im)perfectly correct.
----
Reg.