Old August 23rd 06, 03:34 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Bakb0ne Bakb0ne is offline

Default why not deal with the real issue

an old friend wrote:
Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Bakb0ne wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Douche Bag wrote:
IT'S DEAD. Get a life. You learned code for nothing. Where's my iPod?
wel you got that part aprt Code being dead but the ARS is still alive
dispite the efforts of Sloaw code Robeson and others to kill it

Isnt that the main point tho.... they have no power to do anything....

They are just sad ppl with nothing better to do. Next they will be
saying that
you should have to pay a monthly fee to use the airwaves...

Maybe have a subscription fee, that would stop most of the scum (yeh
right)
well a GMRS like license would surely do better asa filter than the
code test look at the code tested ham we have on the air now

What part of the GMRS license would be a better filter?

The 5 year duration between renewals, the $75/£40 charge or just the
general way of applying for it?

Im not saying i disagree, just wondering what you meant..

having to pay to use the ARS freqs might be more of a deterant to those
with bad attiudes than a code test

not to say it would be a good filter but fee for license with the
license fee used for enforcement here in the state the license is free
(the tests cost something) and the FCC is always complaining it laks
any funding to go after ham violators I suspect you are a brit and so
this might escape you I should have been clearer

nice to see someone serious paying attention here I had assume the
flamers and trolls had driven them off

Yep, im british.

I can see your point about the FCC complaints, lack of funding is the
usual reason for them not to bother to go after ham violators. If they
charged users then they would be able to use that money to go after the
retards who clog todays airwaves...

And the flamers/trolls havent driven us all off, we just go into hiding
until we see something of interest, and just ignore the rest...