Old August 23rd 06, 05:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default If you had to use CW... would robesin still be an idiot?

From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm
From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006 2:57 pm

It's "minority rule" when ARRL lobbies for preservation of
morse code test for any amateur radio license class. The
ARRL membership is slightly less than a quarter of all US
amateur radio licensees.

The ARRL is trying to soften their image - the latest QST shows a
person using a, gulp, microphone on the FRONT cover!

Good grief! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Just inside is yet another article on building a code key - from a door
hinge.

Oh, goody...HIGH TECH construction article.

Would they follow that with another article on the door itself?
Like, I mean, making the door a jar? :-)

Ahem...my reference was the old fairy tale, "The Emperor's New
Clothes." :-)

That's the one where a full-of-himself ruler ordered some new
clothes and the tailor buttered him up (while not sewing any
new clothes) so much that the Emperor bought into this pandering
to his ego and appeared in public with his "new clothes" (he was
naked). Needless to say, the public laughed and laughed at this
ridiculous spectacle. :-)

Robeson has been all full of himself in here about his alleged
"USMC service" yet he has presented zero-point-zero evidence
from anyone else (or any legitimate agency) that he ever
served on active USMC duty for any of his claimed "18 years."

Even though he NOW thinks of himself AS the amateur radio
service personified (anything against him is somehow against
ALL radio amateurs), he is still parodying the "Emperor."

This just in from The ARRL Letter, Vol. 25, No. 33, August 18, 2006

"ARRL First Vice President Kay Craigie, N3KN, represented the League at the
Global Amateur Radio Emergency Communications Conference 2006."

"Craigie stressed that Amateur Radio needs to avoid "being dazzled by our
own press clippings into thinking that we are the big dog in emergency
telecommunications.""

She refers to robesin-like attitudes within the ARS.

Oh. My. God. ! ! !

Tsk, just because NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, FOX, ESPN, and PBS haven't
covered the tremendously fantastic wonderfullest huge contribution
to saving lives and property via ham radio? Gosh, there are all
sorts of clippings from obscure weekly and biweekly newspapers
dutifully cut-and-pasted into messages here from Robesin & Co.

Maybe I'll have to write the Department of Defense and say that
"Major" Robesin said that radio amateurs run MARS! They should
fortwith cease and desist publishing DoD Directives on thinking
that they started it and keep running it!

Maybe I missed the "news" on the Home and Garden Channel...I don't
watch that much...

Right and all the other radio services are switching to morse
code for all emergency communications a la ham radio...the sky
has truly fallen!

didit!

Dahdah comrade. :-)