Old August 23rd 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default buying stupid in the USA

mike maghakian wrote:

sometimes people complain when I point out people paying real stupid prices
for something on eBay.

over the last few years I have been saying how stupid people have been for
paying crazy prices for homes. I said they would be sorry in the end and it
is starting to happen:

this is from an MSN article on home sales:

I recently sold a house in Rochester Hills," Waquad says. "It was purchased
a year ago by the seller for $615,000 -- a newer house. He changed all the
appliances, the carpets and painted. He never lived in it. He must have
spent at least $20,000 to $30,000 fixing it. We got it for a buyer for
$440,000."

the point is that there are consequences to being a stupid buyer. I am just
trying to get people to think before they throw away money.

All well and good, but it is THEIR money. Not MY money, not YOUR money, but
THEIR money.

And if folks want an item and desire to bid it up on eBay it's THEIR money. Now
YOU might THINK it's a high price, but it's THEIR money and they want the item
for whatever reason.

Something to think about, after all we're not all as blessed as Mike Maghakian.

:-)

dxAce
Michigan
USA