Old August 23rd 06, 08:17 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
[email protected] mke65@yahoo.com is offline

Default Dumbing down licensing will just let in people that really don't want to be hams.

I have been into Shortwave and Police communications since the days of
putting crystals into my 8 channel regency scanner from Montgomery
Wards.

I am 41, college educated, and technically savy. Today I am going to
go and take my license to be a certified Technician no code ham. So
far every test I have taken online I have achieved a passing score
without doing any studying other that the knowledge I have accumulated
over the past 30 years of being a shortwave, military comm, and police
comm listener.

I hope that others in the hobby do not have the same attitude that you
possess and are favorable to me being new to the hobby (I am a bit shy
out the gate but warm up quickly).

The fact that the fcc has made this test so much more attainable is a
good thing because it invites those (like myself) who decide to join
this hobby as a result of the test being passable with a basic
understanding of the radio spectrum and laws of using the spectrum for
which you are licensed to use.

More people available to be a part of the hobby is a good thing. So
why would you want to try to weed them out?? Almost sounds like you
are being a bit of a radio snob.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Keith

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:50:37 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

So why do it?

SC