Old August 23rd 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
anon anon is offline

Default OMEGA NAL celebrated with beer party

"bobbbo" wrote in message
groups.com...

"get help" wrote in message
On 23 Aug 2006 08:16:31 -0700, an Old friend wrote:

The FCC field strength van was spotted in Springfield, IL this month, so

they
might have gotten a real good listen to Tood's pirate station.

The FCC today uses modified Ford Crown Victoria's with Police Interceptor
packages for In-Field study and Investigations. (Most are retired PD cars
bought at auction and refurbished) They haven't used "detector vans" since
the early 80's.

Easy to spot also. They usually have the "cop spotlite"
still installed on the driver's side and blue-on-white
US Govt GSA plates. There are usually NO extternal
antennas as roof and hood / trunk lids have been replaced
with composite polymer materials surfaces with RDF antennas
hidden therein.

Trust me. I KNOW WHAT I SPEAK. I used to work for the Corp
that re-furbished these cars for the GSA. Bottom line, if it's a
Crown Vic or an Impala or a older Caprice, it's usually Law Enforcement.

BULLCRAP! Not even close to what is being used.