Old August 24th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default incredible ebay auction

mike maghakian wrote:
I haven't posted a crazy auction in a while but this one has blown me away.
this antenna is not a good performer and is worth about $50.
it went for $222

As with most products, performance is a function of the application
and the environment. I have an AN-1, and have found that when I'm in the
North Woodsit does a creditable job for casual DXing. It also requires
the right radio and doesn't do **** for some.

It's not my first choice for use in the city, or even at home, but on
the road, it's a particularly useful item.

$50 is more than a fair price, but I've seen them go higher. And not
unjustifiably so.