Old August 24th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dick Chisel Dick Chisel is offline

Default buying stupid in the USA

mike maghakian wrote:

over the last few years I have been saying how stupid people have been for
paying crazy prices for homes. I said they would be sorry in the end and it
is starting to happen:

this is from an MSN article on home sales:

I recently sold a house in Rochester Hills," Waquad says. "It was purchased
a year ago by the seller for $615,000 -- a newer house. He changed all the
appliances, the carpets and painted. He never lived in it. He must have
spent at least $20,000 to $30,000 fixing it. We got it for a buyer for
$440,000."

the point is that there are consequences to being a stupid buyer. I am just
trying to get people to think before they throw away money.

dxAce wrote:

All well and good, but it is THEIR money. Not MY money, not YOUR money, but
THEIR money.

All well and good, but paying insane prices for real estate is a
"bubble" and when the bubble bursts (as they all do), the -ENTIRE-
country gets hurt...even maroons in Holland Michigan.

(Or doesn't your feeble brain remember how bad the -country- got hurt
when the "dot com" bubble went bust????)