Old October 14th 03, 12:49 PM
Thomas C. Sefranek

"PDRUNEN" wrote in message
Hi Group,

In the process of fab'ing a off-center dipole. The short end is 40 feet

and
the long end is 80 feet. At the feed point I have a 4:1 balun. The balun

purchased new, I believe it has w2un on the side of it. I don't have it

here
at the computer.

The question is what side of the 4:1 should I feed the long end, or does

it
matter?

Why do you believe you need a 4:1 balun?
(The fritzel Off-center feed dipole uses a 6:1)
Have you measured the feedpoint?
(It's so much better to work with facts rather than myth.)

As to your "side" question, what "side" does any transformer use?

Paul
KJ4UO

--
*
| __O Thomas C. Sefranek
|_-\,_ Amateur Radio Operator: WA1RHP
(*)/ (*) Bicycle mobile on 145.41, 448.625 MHz

http://hamradio.cmcorp.com/inventory/Inventory.html
http://www.harvardrepeater.org