Old August 24th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank's Frank's is offline

Default 9 m Monopole Analysis

Worth the investment in learning PERL (or the like)!

http://www.perl.org/ (You need the Activestate PERL for Windows.)

http://www.python.org/

http://www.dlot.com/

Owen

Thanks for the info Owen, also the comments from Jonsey. The
scripting languages look very interesting. From your sample
code above it does look very logical and easy to use; not
to mention that it can handle complex numbers.

Still thinking about the scripting languages, but wanted to finish the
analysis
with Excel. While trying to set up the "Cross product matrix" I
ran into a major formatting problem with Excel. When I convert
the polar form of a complex number (two cells) to rectangular form
(single cell); the cell size expands to 42 digits in scientific format.
The problem lies in the fact that Excel treats complex numbers as
text, and they cannot be formatted in the normal way. I have
searched several bookstores, and looked at every major book
on Excel, and VBA macros. Complex numbers are treated in only
a superficial way, or not at all.

Microsoft does discuss the problem concerning XL2000 at:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213294
The VB code does not make a lot of sense to me, also in particular
the statement: "=FormatComplex(A1,"0.00","0.0000")" does not
appear to work, nor does their "Sample VBA Procedure". This may
be due to the fact that I am using Excel 97.

Anyway, this is not really the forum for this discussion, but others
attempting to deal with the NEC output file analysis, may have
some ideas. It looks like it may be some time before I can
arrive at any results -- probably with some scripting code.

Frank