Old August 24th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
an old friend an old friend is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

Cecil Moore wrote:
Al Klein wrote:
Ever try taking dictation at 100wpm spoken speed in a foreign
language? I have. Even in one I understand, it's difficult. In one
I don't understand it's impossible. Maybe you're better than I am.

I can certainly write down Spanish spoken at my CW
speed of 13 wpm which is the whole point. If one speaks
faster, I may not be able to copy it. If one sends CW
to me faster than 13 wpm, for sure I cannot copy it even
in English.

interesting how Al Keeps changing the condictions franticaly trying to
make a point
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp