Old August 24th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David David is offline

Default Hearing loss

On 24 Aug 2006 07:38:25 -0700, wrote:

John S. wrote:
I probably do not understand much about your project. But wouldn't the
simple solution be to just use the AF gain judiciously? To start at a
low setting and increase only to the level needed.

Yes.
If you can be certain to never mess up.
I am experimenting with several different detectos, filters and audio
amps. Very easy to mess up and get very loud pops, squals and
other unpleasent shocks.

That, plus the fact that when trying to dig out a weak station I
turn the volume up and when someone nerby turns on a light, or
that nasty flood blender also causes very loud pops etc.

By having the limiter the last thing before my earphones I
insure that simple mistakes won't hurt.

Terry

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...sor?sku=182472