Old August 24th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
general lee general lee is offline

Default Sangean ATS-803A

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
.. .
Some time ago I picked up a Sangean ATS-803A off ebay only to

discover that
it was stone deaf off the attached telescoping antenna in the SW

bands. I
replaced that with a longer one, same problem. I then hooked it up

to one
of those Radio Shack amplified shortwave antennas (also from ebay),

and
voila! It works well. Most probably an indicator that something is

blown
inside. I sent it to Radio Shack who "tuned & tweaked" it & sent it

back,
still stone deaf. After chatting with several other owners of this

receiver
on the Yahoo group, I decided to take the plunge & try another one.

Boy am I glad I did! This second one is absolutely amazing! So

far, in
just a coupla hours twiddling the knobs, I've received nearly 40 SW
stations!

Now I'm looking to send off my first one to someone competent that

knows
what they're doing to get it repaired, as I'm incompetent to (no

knowledge
of electronics or soldering, and I'm too old & my hands are too

shaky for
delicate work).

Anybody know anybody . . . ?

I'm happy with the one I've got, but it's nice to see
that you have one that works now.

--Mike L.

yes I have one, they are very good radios indeed
GL