Old August 24th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 7:46 pm

From: on Tues, Aug 22 2006 7:14 pm
From: on Mon, Aug 21 2006 6:30 pm
From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm
From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006 2:57 pm

Robesin is merely a product of the "incentive" licensing
system where all those who hunger for being a "somebody"
can get a Title - Rank - Privilege through a singular skill.

If it doesn't have rank or a uniform, Robesin isn't interested.

That certainly seems the case. The "uniform" is his
emperor's new clothes...

Lessee. He's got a Marine uniform (he says). A Tennessee State Guard
uniform (whatever that is), an ill-fitting Air Force CAP flight suit
uniform, and a male nurses uniform. And he has lots of military medals
that he never earned (according to him).

You know, whenever I saw folks in the CAP uniform at any Air Force
Base, including Maxwell, they work the 4b or Class A. Never ever saw a
CAP in a flight suit before robesin's well advertised home page.

In all my visits to USAF bases I've never seen any CAP
personnel there, let alone some in a poopy suit. I've seen
several civilians on USAF bases, employed by the USAF, wearing
flight suits and clearly identified as to being civilian.

I didn't make that system, neither did you, neither did
anyone in these four forums. The FCC took a big chunk out
of it (license classes and morsemanship skill) with the
Restructuring of 2000 and that ****ed off the Title-Rank-
Status seekers. Devout morsemen are angry and venting steam
because their self-esteem has fallen.

Only in their minds. They are the very same good or bad hams that they
were with all the layers of hamdom.

All of those "layers" hams are examples to the general public,
good or bad or indifferent. So?

"Self-esteem" is a nice-nice word for EGO tied in with self-
perception. Trying to represent themselves as "expert" radio
persons in this new millennium is a rather stupid idea of those
devout morsepersons when they want to force the FCC to keep the
code test.

Some do. Some don't. robesin does.

He's a bad example for the morsemen.

Those who LIKE morse code should, and can, go on using it.

Roger.

Roger that. salute

That
is in no sense any validity for making it an amateur radio test
requirement for a license.

No valid reason to maintain it as a barrier to the ARS.

Oh, oh...in the PC (Political Correctness) of morsedom,
the code test cannot possibly ever be a "barrier."

ALL "good hams" should WORK for their AMATEUR licenses!

Those that won't are worse than river-bottom slime...:-)

Trying to speak logically, the FCC grants amateur licenses
in the USA and even they proposed (via an NPRM) to eliminate
the amateur radio morse code test for a license. FCC is on
record of a couple decades ago that this singular manual
skill test does not tell them if a license applicant is
worthy of a federal license.

Simply amazing. EIGHTEEN years alleged on active duty and
he can't supply a single photo or document to support his
claim? In November of this year I can truthfully say I've
been in the southern California aerospace business 50 years.
I have all sorts of documentation and photos on that which
I may fully digitize some day (some are already digitized).
Some time ago I posted my resume in here...which only made
Robesin ballistic then since he has NO comparable
experience in industry and cannot prove any radio experience
other than amateur and alleged "chief operator" status at
some small MARS station long ago. [that was before his
less-than-a-half-year as a purchasing agent at a small
set top box maker]

Yet as "chief operator" or ANCOIC of NMC MARS on Okinawa, he remains
woefully ignorant of MARS. I just don't get it.

It's easy to "get." He wasn't what he says he was. He hasn't
supplied a single bit of evidence to prove his claims.

Now it all makes sense.

It was all one great big super-brag.

Robesin used the wrong word/acronym for a RESUME' presented
as part of an interview for a job.

Thought he had a "killer" job as a male nurse?

God forbid!

Robesin an academic? Not in this lifetime.

It's just his inappropriate use of what to him are important sounding
words and acronyms.

Some of those he makes up as he goes along.

Probably how his career in the Marines was invented.

Well, he might have been in the reserves?

The rec.radio newsgroups have showcased Robesin. He HAS earned his
reputation. He's worked very hard for it.

He's hardly worked in radio.

Oh, I don't know. After a hard day behind the microphone, he's got
that 1,000 yard stare.

That's also a symptom of anoxia...lack of oxygen used up in
his bragging of what he did that never was... :-)

Tsk, all that work he does in trying to bluff us. All he had to
do was present SOME sort of document proof or even a personal
snapshot taken while in that "hostile-action-filled" 18 year
"career" in the USMC. He hasn't done so after many years.

If he can't present a single item of 18 years of his life, it
is hard for the rest of us to believe anything he said.