Old August 24th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson Lisa Simpson is offline

Default Sangean ATS-803A

I did, now I would like to get my first one repaired.

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message
Oh. I thought you bought a second one.

--Mike L.

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
. ..
I obviously have not made myself clear; I am looking for someone

competent &
affordable to troubleshoot & repair mine . . .

anybody know anybody?

"general lee" wrote in message

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
.. .
Some time ago I picked up a Sangean ATS-803A off ebay only to
discover that
it was stone deaf off the attached telescoping antenna in the

SW
bands. I
replaced that with a longer one, same problem. I then hooked

it up
to one
of those Radio Shack amplified shortwave antennas (also from

ebay),
and
voila! It works well. Most probably an indicator that

something is
blown
inside. I sent it to Radio Shack who "tuned & tweaked" it &

sent it
back,
still stone deaf. After chatting with several other owners of

this
receiver
on the Yahoo group, I decided to take the plunge & try another

one.

Boy am I glad I did! This second one is absolutely amazing!

So
far, in
just a coupla hours twiddling the knobs, I've received nearly

40 SW
stations!

Now I'm looking to send off my first one to someone competent

that
knows
what they're doing to get it repaired, as I'm incompetent to

(no
knowledge
of electronics or soldering, and I'm too old & my hands are too
shaky for
delicate work).

Anybody know anybody . . . ?

I'm happy with the one I've got, but it's nice to see
that you have one that works now.

--Mike L.

yes I have one, they are very good radios indeed
GL