Old August 24th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.misc
L. L. is offline

Default Bush's Draft is starting

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...
Wish we would start up the draft.

wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/22/mar...all/index.html -
How long till we'll be drafting high school kids? It looks like we're
having another Vietnam.
And our "Christian" president has just voiced his endorsement of the
"morning after pill".

We're going to need a draft if things keep up as they are. One day they're
pulling for a "pull out" of Iraq, now I'm hearing we're in it for the LONG
haul because of all the civil unrest, etc. Yep - another Vietnam. At least
in that respect - Saddam Hussein was right......

And just WHERE are those "Weapons of Mass Destruction" we went in there to
find - the initial cause of the war? Seems to me, someone screwed up. Either
our "intelligence" wasn't so freaking intelligent OR the man named Bush -
LIED. IF they'd have left Schwarzkoptf (sp?) finish the job, we probably
wouldn't be there now. That is a prime example of our leaders handcuffing
the military. If you're going to war - SHOW NO MERCY. Patton is probably
rolling over in his grave at the mockery. The enemy plays by NO rules, so
why the hell do WE?

Yeah man, with Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, N. Korea all bubbling to a boil, the
**** could really hit the fan. A draft would have to bring in LOTS of people
to deal with that. Christ, they'll have to re-enlist the veterans who've
been out for a while - even those crippled by bombs, etc - to maintain
equipment to their ability. They won't have time to train new people to do
much more than shoot a gun.

Just my 2 cents.

L.