Old October 14th 03, 12:58 PM
W1RFI

Yes and no Carl.... if it makes it impossible to RECIEVE our local broadcast
stations, I would think that the local broadcasters would be VERY interested
to know that nobody is getting thier signal, except cable subscribers.

A number of hams have reported to the FCC that there was interference to the AM
BC band in Emmaus, PA. In my last visit there, I tuned the AM band while
parked in the trial area and heard no BPL interference whatsoever. From the
looks of the comments, someone posted a "template" and urged hams to file it.

The BPL problem appears to be primarily one of HF and low VHF. There may be
some harmonics into the TV channels, but those harmonics will be a LOT weaker
than ours are, so we need to be careful of what we wish for.

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI