Old August 25th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Robert Spooner Robert Spooner is offline

Default Need advice on 6 meter mobile antenna

"nitespark" wrote in message

... I know you didn't want any second hand stories but I have friends who
have successfully used Larsen 2 meter 3db base loaded antennas on 6 meters.
Interstingly enough they turn out to be resonant on 6 meters as well as 2
meters. If you are looking for an NMO antenna, that would be the way I
would go. You could essentially be getting a "dual band" antenna for the
price of a 2 meter base loaded antenna.

Andy
WD4KDN

My Larsen 2M 5/8 wave whip has a good SWR in the 6M band. I haven't used it
to operate 6M mobile because I don't have a rig for that in the car.
73,
Bob AD3K