Old August 25th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Andrea Baldoni Andrea Baldoni is offline

Default AGC signal/noise question...

tim gorman wrote:

: Are you sure you are seeing an AGC problem? What you describe above, with
: slightly less signal in the center, is typical of a *filter* with dip in

I have the filter dip; it was not cured with realigning, but realigning was
anyway helpful to gain a dB or two.
I also see that disabling AGC cause less noise in FM while listening to 2m
converted to HF by the internal converter of the Yaesu FR-101. I didn't check
if enabling or disabling AGC cause any change in the filter dip, anyway I'll
check and report soon.

: Without knowing more about the receiver I can't make any guesses as to what
: is in play here but I question if this is an AGC artifact.

It uses a MC1496G as mixer and two CA3053 as IF. Plus some DG FETs, in first
RF amplifier, after the mixer... What information do you need?

Ciao,
AB

.... Andrea Baldoni, 2002: messaggio non protetto da copyright.