Old August 25th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Al Klein Al Klein is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:22:21 GMT, Dave Oldridge
wrote:

Al Klein wrote in
:

Really? You can write a spoken language you don't understand well
enough to be read by someone who understands it? Maybe. Maybe not.
In CW, you can.

I can do it (and have done so) using phonetics. But that's SLOWER than
CW.

You're preaching to the choir, Dave. I've had to handle foreign
language traffic phonetically by voice and by CW - and I much prefer
CW for that kind of work, even though I prefer voice for most
rag-chewing. As you say, needing it spelled out is quite slow.