Old August 25th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] r2000swler@hotmail.com is offline

Default Hearing loss

Brenda Ann wrote:
--
Say no to institutionalized interference.

Always good to limit one's exposure to overly loud sounds.. but one must
also remember that there is natural loss of high frequencies as we age.
Teenagers are taking advantage of this fact now with their 17KHz ringtone,
which the average person over 30 cannot hear.
http://graphics10.nytimes.com/images...ng-graphic.gif

Thought you might enjoy this link sent to me by the speech pathologist.

http://www.audioxpress.com/magsdirx/ax/addenda/Bell-Loudness.pdf

Show how linerar addtion of sounds results in non linear perceptions.