Old August 25th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] jgboyles@aol.com is offline

Default Can I use a 120V Variac to get 220V?

And if you want to see a good textbook using this method, grab a copy
of 'The Art of Engineering" by Horowitz(sp) and Hill. read it - you
might learn something from it about communication skill.

If you cant help, dont hinder.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Hi Andrew, don't you mean "grab a copy of 'The Art of Electronics' by
Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill"? As far as I can tell H & H never
wrote 'The Art of Engineering'.

You made some halfway good points in the age old "me Technician you
Engineer" argument, but you lost credibility when you recommended a
book that doesn't exsist. Attention to detail, Engineers do,
Technicians don't :-).

If you can't help, don't hinder.

This had nothing to do with the orginal question-sorry.

Gary N4AST