Old August 26th 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Drake R7A bulb replacement?

Pete KE9OA wrote:

Hi Steve,

I learned the hard way once, when I cracked the 500kHz gating pin on the
PBT/Reference board when trying to force the DR-7 board back in. I had a
blank display...........I was able to isolate the problem by connecting an
external 500kHz source from a function generator and restoring normal
function.
On another note..........I have used those replacement displays that the
fellow in Germany makes. They work very well. It is pretty much impossible
nowaday to get ahold of those old National Semiconductor dual LED displays.

I've not had any display problems *yet*.

My most recent R7 was down for tune-up this November past by Jeff Covelli,
WA8SAJ, and he puts new bulbs in as part of the tune up. He also did that with a
previous one I had down there a few years ago.

He generally puts in new blue filter material as well.

http://www.wb4hfn.com/DRAKE/DrakeArt...AJ_Repairs.htm

dxAce
Michigan
USA