Old August 27th 06, 03:17 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Reg Edwards Reg Edwards is offline

Default You'll certainly never have to use CW to save a life.

I do happen to know the morse code. At one time I could do 30 wpm.

But the chance that I shall see, in my lifetime, someone drowning in a
river when I have with me a battery-operated transmitter, a receiver,
an antenna, ground spike, and a morse key is about one in
10,000,000,000.

I would be far more likely to plug in the microphone.

In any case, by the time I had got the gear fixed up and made a
suitable contact, the poor victim could have floated out into the
Atlantic Ocean.

It would be a good idea to dump the equipment and run downstream along
the river bank to the nearest safety belt.
----
Reg.