Old August 27th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ken Wilson Ken Wilson is offline

Default Art Bell's Radios and stuff

Ace is correct. Art's call was/is W6OBB. Last time I heard him on 3840
he was using an Icom 7800. I really like the auto CW id he used.

Sadly he had a falling out with the group on 3840 before he went to the
Philippines & would not use that freq.

Also I should note there is a group of guys that use 3840 in the early
evenings....2300 UTC +-.... that are a hoot to listen to.Some of them
have been or still are in the Radio Broadcasting buisness.

Of course more activity as cooler weather & less static are the rule.

Ken KG4BIG

On 2006-08-27 12:11:38 -0400, said:

NGO tv channel,UFOs: Seeing is Believing.They showed an old video of Art
Bell sitting and talking on his microphone.Lots of radios in the video.
cuhulin

He's a ham operator.

W6OBB, not sure if he's still in the Philippines and whether he's operating or
not, or if he has a callsign there as well.

Used to be heard pretty regularly on 3840.

dxAce
Michigan
USA