Old August 29th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
SparkySKO SparkySKO is offline

Default Hi-Q Ceramic Caps?

Hello All!

Bare with me, I'm a newbie.

I'm looking into building the Radio Shack Special

http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/rf/007/

And looking through the parts list, I see that he references using Hi-Q
Ceramic Capacitors. This radio is for FM, so 90-110mhz.

I have a bunch of normal ceramic capacitors, but no hi-q capacitors. Is
there really much of a difference between the two, or am I likely to
fail if I don't use them? I'd hate to solder all this onto a board, and
risk messing up the board when removing them.

Any advice on the difference between them would be helpful. I'm
guessing they oscillate better, or at higher frequencies.