Old August 31st 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
an old friend an old friend is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

L. wrote:
"Opus-" wrote in message

As for the "investment", not all investments are valuable. I invested
years of training to be a fully qualified mechanic. There is
considerable value in that investment, obviously, as it is my bread
and butter.

I'm not sure I recall all the other posters idea of investment - but
"mine" - was referring to the time/cost how ever little - "spent" or
"Invested" - if you will - in the way of time to study or prepare for the
exam - acquire equipment AND to actually go on the air to make use of it.
So - yes it "can" be looked as an investment - even if in a "minimal" sense
of the word.

but that doesn't count of course like My g-5500 totor set isn't an
investment in my station

these folks are just in to what I call the "S&M" school of licensure