Old August 31st 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dale Parfitt Dale Parfitt is offline

Default Lowe HF-150 Backlighting

"David" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:36:42 GMT, "Dale Parfitt"
wrote:

http://www.glowbug.com/index.php?mai...ducts _id=141

Good grief!!

My reaction exactly when I got to the part about peeling back the 11
year old tinfoil.

I was reacting to the clunky lamp.

The tin foil is a breeze to remove- couple of minutes tops. Residual
adhesive comes off with turp.

Lowe used to make a backlight kit- had a couple of them (also required
removing the reflective foil), but they were non-uniform in lighting and
unless you modified the circuit, it would not work under battery power- back
before NimH w/ their hi current.
Obviously, the first conversion is the hardest- after that it's a 20 minute
procedure- including making the light dispersion plate.

Dale W4OP