Old August 31st 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default radiomart descriptions

Mike wrote:

"Chas" wrote in message
Because before his auctions went "Private", you could see "gottahaveit1995
bidding on numerous things of his. Ebays use of "Private" auctions
mystifies
me, it only serves to protect questionable dealers, anyone else have more
insight?

The purpose of Private auctions is just that - private. As in not public.

For example, where I work, we have a yearly "sell off some old computers to
the employees" thing. We have used eBay private auctions for this. Only
our employees can bid - not the general public.

In this case anybody can bid, (except those of us he has blocked!), but their
*identities* are kept private. Therefore, no one can see who has bid, and most
likely ol' Martyn can continue to bid using the "gottahaveit1995" ID and no one
will know, because ya can't look and see.

dxAce
Michigan
USA