Old September 1st 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
David David is offline

Default Anyone used Superspice simulator ?

Has anyone here used Superspice ?

I am looking for some information regarding setting up the Simulation
parameters to view Phase and Magnitude response for an oscillator
circuit (I have opened up the feedback path to enable a signal to be
injected through the amp and resonator.

I cannot find what I want in the documentation that came with the
software and the company has not replied to my email so I am hoping
someone else may be able to help.

Alternately if you know of a shareware or freeware simulator that could
I could use that has plenty of forum support ?

The exercise is to work through the book I have on computer simulation
"Oscillator Design and Computer Simulation" by Randall Rhea and see if I
can get the same results from the examples he gives (the version of his
book I have is the very first book sold and the software he used that
comes with the book is on an old disk I cannot read).

I have RFSIM99 but cannot see if I can get phase and magnitude
together with this to observe what the relationship is between them at
any given point.

Being "green" with regard to simulation, I do not want to purchase a
commercial simulator until I have some experience and am confident I
will be able to use it to obtain meaningful results.

Thanks in advance.