Old September 1st 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,uk.rec.radio.cb
Snowbat Snowbat is offline

Default Radio req. for UK/Cept and SSB

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 04:24:29 +0100, MC wrote:

As I will be using the radio in a "Shack" (shed to be precise) I will be
running from a 12v/110mah battery and, because the battery is only being
trickle charged from a solar panel, I do not want anything over-powered (The
100w of the Cobra 200 GTL DX may prove too much of a power draw).

Are you sure about the battery capacity? Seems very low.

12V 110mAh would power a typical rig on *receive* for about 15 minutes and
on transmit for less than 5 minutes. A 100W rig transmitting at full
power would flatten it in seconds.