Old September 1st 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
Doug McLaren Doug McLaren is offline

Default HP 48gx and packet

In article ,
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee wrote:

| Maybe it's just me, but... Is there a specific reason anyone would
| want to use a scientific calculator as a packet terminal?

Don't hams usually have an urge to tinker with things, use them in
ways they're not really meant to be used?

| Seems to me it'd be a lot easier just to use... a terminal! Or a PC
| with appropriate software.

Well, it does have a serial port, keyboard and screen, and it's very
small and uses very little power. It sounds like a great serial
console to me if done right ...

--
Doug McLaren,
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.