Old September 1st 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Joel Kolstad Joel Kolstad is offline

Default Anyone used Superspice simulator ?

"David" wrote in message
I downloaded the program and managed to get it running immediately without
documentation. Just need to figure out how to
load the S parameter file for my device now instead of preselecting one of
the models they give in the list.

SPICE doesn't know anything about S parameters... you need a linear RF
simulator to deal with them (and guess what? Randy Rhea, the guy who wrote
your book, was the original designer of Genesys -- that's where all the
screenshots in the book come from). With straight SPICE, the traditional
approach is to curve-fit a rational polynomial to the S parameters and then
use the polynomial directly (most simulators these days have a "Laplace"
operator) or systematically turn it into a bunch of controlled sources along
with RLCs that mathematically implement the same thing.

I believe that RFSim99 might work for you here...

---Joel Kolstad