Old September 1st 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
bookburn bookburn is offline

Default Trojan horse warning

A day or so ago I was searching the Internet, looking for a discone antenna. Today, after a routine virus scan of my system, I see that ZoneAlarm quaranteened a Win32.Softomate trojan horse, which it described as a dangerous "back door" type that lodged in my registry. It was able to delete it, but evidently the thing was able to get through both the ZoneAlarm and Microsoft firewalls undetected.

I mention this here because, in trying to retrace my steps to deduce where the trojan horse probably came from, I remember one person's site visited looking for a discone antenna. It was different in that I was led to a page where I clicked on a link that turned out to be a page of dumb girly pics. I exited right away, but it seems possible something got downloaded.

So keep your antenna up.

Robinson Carusoe