Old September 2nd 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default WHAT'S IT MADE FROM ???

In article ,
Owen Duffy wrote:

I got a tube of GB Ox-Gard OX-100 to coat the sections of my Butternut HF9V
vertical as I assemble it. I looked on both the tube, the packaging, and the GB
website, but none of them indicate whether the product is silicone grease based
or petroleum grease based. Does anyone out there know ???

In this country, there is regulation that requires availability of a
Material Safety Data Sheet (which contains such information), and they
are on a public web site. Perhaps you have similar arrangements in
your jurisdiction.

I just located an MSDS for Ox-Gard via a web search, and it's quite
unrevealing. It doesn't identify the ingredients except to say that
they're non-toxic, and it doesn't identify a flash point. It did say
that combustion could release CO2 and aldehydes.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO