Old September 2nd 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default WHAT'S IT MADE FROM ???

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:23:23 -0700, Richard Clark
wrote:

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 23:56:26 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 23:38:34 GMT, (Ron in
NY) wrote:

I got a tube of GB Ox-Gard OX-100 to coat the sections of my Butternut HF9V
vertical as I assemble it. I looked on both the tube, the packaging, and the GB
website, but none of them indicate whether the product is silicone grease based
or petroleum grease based. Does anyone out there know ???

In this country, there is regulation that requires availability of a
Material Safety Data Sheet (which contains such information), and they
are on a public web site. Perhaps you have similar arrangements in
your jurisdiction.

Hi Owen,

That information has been considered a secret that is vital to the
interests of the United States of the Republican Party and is on the
list of items not allowed on board airplanes, nor to be transported by
skateboard across the border of any state contiguously bordering
Texas, except Venezuela. Those Data Sheets have been removed from the
public archive by the CIA so as to eliminate any possibility of this
newly classified material falling into the hands of terrorists.

Don't ask us about toothpaste or the FBI's network monitoring will
kick into mauve alert level.

Oh well, it was worth a try.

What I didn't add, was that you may need to be a chemist to work out
what the components are, or to use Dave's hints and work out what is
in it that produces those combustion products.

I was just chatting with a friend who lugged his 2m gear up on a
mountain top here in the national capital to work some AE DX.

A newspaper reporter noticed him and came back with camera to do a
story. I don't know if the public will understand that although he is
using directional apparatus to bound electromagnetic radiation off
passenger aircraft, that it is truly safe for all involved.

Wait a minute, no one has been able to prove radio frequency EM
radiation to be safe, have they?

Owen