Old September 3rd 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike Coslo Mike Coslo is offline

Default WHAT'S IT MADE FROM ???

Cecil Moore wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:

But your argument has a fatal flaw. That not all causes of global
warming are caused by humans does not mean that none are.

Please stop confusing inclusive assertions with exclusive
assertions.

That is NOT my argument. My argument is that it has not
been proved beyond a reasonable doubt that man has any
primary effect on global warming.

Please stop changing the argument to serve your own purposes, Cecil!

"Man-causing-global-
warming" is a religion, based on faith, IMHO.

Right. In your opinion.

In fact,
it seems more likely that man's CO2 contribution to the
atmosphere will do nothing more than hasten the next
ice age.

Yeah, Cecil. I read the political-crypto-scientific article in your
link. It wasn't science. It had a political premise, then tried to build
a scientific story around it. Seriously, if the solar system passed
through an arm of the Milky way with extensive star formation, which one
was it? Did an arm of the Milky way come unattached and attack our
particular arm? Celestial mechanics isn't easy to open to political
attack, at least since the Pope pardoned Galileo.

What I am trying to say is "where's the beef?"

Take a look at the slope of the C02 buildup of 120k
years ago just before the last ice age. It is very close
to the slope of the C02 buildup of today. There is evidence
that ~280 ppmv levels of C02 triggered ice ages 120k, 240k,
340k, and 440k years ago. That's about the level of CO2
today. There is reason to believe that another ice age
is poised to happen and the Man-causing-global-warming
religion will no doubt blame man for it.

Sigh... Why do I get the feeling that you are giving me some ready made
arguments for someone else's questions? I'm not arguing whether or not
man is causing global warming, or even if there is such a thing. I want
to know why an increased amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is not warming
the earth, when it should be (experimentally speaking)

No Republican, Democrat, or religion answers accepted. Just science.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -