Old November 6th 03, 06:58 PM
K5DH

In article . edu,
says...

I'm seriously considering buying a 2 meter mobile...plain vanilla.
I've narrowed the field to Icom IC-2100H, Kenwood TM-261A, Yaesu FT-
1500M and Alinco DR135T. ?? Anyone have any direct personal experience
with any of these rigs ...positive or negative ?? Others to check out
??

K de KC2LVQ

I'm very pleased with my two Kenwood TM-261A's (one permanently
installed in the mobile shack, and the other in the home shack).
I bought both of them new several years ago, and they've given
me trouble-free, dependable service. The receiver performance
is outstanding. It's virtually impervious to intermod, even here
in "Intermod City, USA" (better known as Dallas). Even after
soaking in the blistering Dallas heat day after day for many
summers, I've had no problems with the rig. It even survived
a horrendous collision that nearly totaled the vehicle it was
installed in at that time. For the cost, the TM-261A is hard
to beat. I have no plans to ever replace them!

73,
Dean K5DH