Old September 3rd 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Danny Richardson Danny Richardson is offline

Default VERTICAL GROUND RADIAL QUESTION

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 10:53:11 GMT, (Ron
Goldstein--KA2IIA) wrote:

I am about to install a ground radial setup for my Butternut HF9V. Does it
matter if the wire is #14, #16, or #18, bare or insulated--buried or on the
surface with radial staples ???

RON....KA2IIA

Not really. The differences would be so small a receiving station
wouldn't note any difference. The exception being if the radials are
buried deeply (more than 3-4 inches).

What is important is the number and length of the radials. For more
information check out
http://k6mhe.com/BLE.html

73,
Danny, K6MHE