Old September 3rd 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] mcdonald606a@yahoo.com is offline

Default Small radio for backpack; reception in train?

Suggest you check out the Degen DE1105;

while it does not have SSB, and does not go below 5800 or above 26000

it is very small, does have double reduction, 1,000 memories; and is
very sensitive;

http://www.radiointel.com/review-degende1105.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-DE1105-FM-MW...NVERSION-RADIO
_W0QQitemZ9732278846QQihZ008QQcategoryZ15051QQtcZp hotoQQcmdZViewItem

- and suggest a train window antenna fastened with suction cups

clipped onto the whip.

Have fun !

Daniel wrote:
I recently discovered the joy of shortwave listening with my new
Sangean ATS909.

Now I want to listen to shortwave while commuting on the train. My
ATS909 is too big for that, is there a small and good radio to carry in
a backpack? I can't use a telescopic antenna in a backpack, but is
there a chance of receiving the major broadcasters (e.g. Deutsche Welle
and BBC in Europe), despite the small antenna, metallic train and
electromagnetic disturbances from the train?

If necessary I could run a bit of wire inside the rucksack :-)