Old September 4th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default If you had to use CW... could Len save himself?

wrote:

Heil endured a double-decade in government service so he could get
a nice pension. In such a position Heil would have zero-point-zero
experience with resumes in trying to get a job interview anywhere
in industry.

So what you've told us is that while I was employed, I was looking for
work. Good work, Len. That's correct. I did a fair amount of hiring
though. I read resumes/CVs, selected candidates to be interviewed,
interviewed them, broke the bad news to the unsuccessful ones and the
good news to the successful ones. I wrote their efficiency reports and
conducted periodic counseling.

instead of "resume". Many American companies have picked up on the use
of the term "CV". It is not just used in academia:

No wonder jobs are going overseas.

Heil is NOT interested in any "CV" definition.

Sure, I am. I provided a defintion of same, correcting your erroneous
claim. I've done quite a bit of that when you've been in error.

All he wants to do
is trash-talk his adversaries of the past in here.

Trash-talk? You were corrected when you were mistaken.

Heil is a
morseman. I am not.

Absolutely correct! Heil is a radio amateur and you are not. Heil knew
the definition of CV. You did not.

I don't revere the Department of State as
having any large international radio network...

Nobody does. State never had a large radio network.

(they don't, much of
what they have now goes through the DSN).

That's as incorrect as your idea on the term "CV".

Heil needs to flash all
that "government experience" to show how Big and "radio-wise" he
is, a "somebody" in a group of amateurs so he can stand tall. :-)

I was somebody in a group of radio amateurs before I ever took that job,
Foghorn. :-)

The REAL subject is MORSEMANSHIP.

No, Leonard, it is not.

Heil is big on that because he
can do it and did it. BFD.

Heil is big on that because he *wanted* to do it. It is a very big deal
if one intends to communicate with others using morse.

What is before the FCC right now is
whether the USA will eliminate or keep the morse code test for an
amateur radio license.

You told us that what the FCC says, goes. The FCC has retained morse
testing at the 5 wpm level for an HF amateur radio license.

Heil has his license through morsemanship.

That's as incorrect as your claim about "CVs" or State Department radio.
Heil has his license through passing each and every testing element
available, morse and written. Deal with it. How's your "Extra right
out of the box" coming along?

He could care zero-point-zero about anyone but himself in that,
certainly not anyone who might get into amateur radio someday.

Incorrect again, O one of limited vision.

MORSEMANSHIP is of NO USE in the bigger world of radio comms of
today...except in the minds of olde-tyme AMATEURS in radio who are
frozen in times long past.

Forget the "bigger world of radio comms" stuff, Leonard. Those
attempting to pass an amateur radio exam are intested in becoming hams.
At HF and in VHF/UHF weak signal work, morse is still widely used.

Dave K8MN